To secure a successful position in the media or publishing field by utilizing my multi-media journalism skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Freelance writer for Tails Inc. Pet Media Group
- Writer, editor, journalist for PVCC Puma Press college newspaper.
- Experienced in AP style and In Design editor program.
- More than three years experience writing news and features on local and regional level.
- Experienced in producing print and online media.
- Demonstrated strong news judgment and evaluated news leads to develop story ideas.
- Researched and analyzed background information, conducted source interviews to provide complete and accurate information related to stories.
- Organized material, determined emphasis, and wrote story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
Education & Scholarships
- Pursuing bachelor of arts in Film and Media at Arizona State University.
- Associates in Arts Paradise Valley Community College 2012
- Journalism Occupational Certificate Paradise Valley Community College 2011
- Journalism Talent Scholarships 2010, 2011
- Journalism Internship with AZGREEN magazine
- Creative Writing Talent Scholarship 2011
- Tails Pet Media Group – Contributing Writer 2011
- AZGREEN magazine 2011
- PVCC Puma Press – Features Editor 2010
- Lynx magazine – Editor 2010, 2011
- Tails magazine 2011
- AZGREEN magazine 2011
- Lynx magazine 2010, 2011
- Puma Press 2010, 2011
- Paradise Review 2011, 2012
To view a sample of Rosalie’s published stories visit her online portfolio at rosaliecapri.com.
Profile of Technical Skills
Excellent writing and communications skills, fluency with content management systems and related production tasks; experience with search engine optimization; traffic monitoring; online and social media (twitter, facebook, etc.) and audience engagement. Highly refined interpersonal skills, proficient in Macintosh operating systems. Also, in Microsoft Outlook and all MS Office programs, including strong Excel and Powerpoint skills. Detail-oriented, news savvy, and able to work independently, write, research, and juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume environment.
While attending college, Rosalie’s unique and fresh writing style propelled her from staff writer to editor of PVCC’s Lynx magazine. As editor, Rosalie was responsible for researching trendy, newsworthy topics and producing attention-grabbing cover stories for the magazine’s monthly editions.
Rosalie’s lifetime educational goals are to further her undergraduate studies in the media and publishing industry.
- PVCC’s 2011 Journalism Award
Report on Campus Stalking – Published in the 2012 Paradise Review.
- Awarded Honorable Mention for her personal essay “My Empty Mirror”. Published in the 2011 Paradise Review.
“The sound of my cell phone ringing woke me from my deep slumber and quickly plunged me into tragic reality. The ring brought with it a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was the voice I did not want to hear.”